Welcome to Awareness and Acceptance
My name is James Marlin. I love helping people who wish to improve and enhance their lives and break free from what has been holding them back.
If you are hoping to learn effective ways to grow and upgrade your life, cultivate new ways of looking at the world around you, and build a solid foundation of practices and beliefs to create lasting change, then I want to help you.
This is where I want anyone to come If they wish to grow and learn. I believe we have built up too many barriers between ourselves as a society and within our own personal realities. I believe the best way to deal with this is through learning. Learning about ourselves and about the individuals we come in contact with. Whether that is in person, or on the internet.
I would like to start by saying that I am a grateful and recovering alcoholic. Had I not been such a fearful and horrendous person for so long I would not have been put through life’s ringer. And I would not be the person I am today.
I am a husband. I am a father. I am a son, and a brother.
I try to make progress in each of these areas every day. No matter how little. Some days are better than others, of course. But with time I have felt myself changing and growing into a much better human being. And I wish to share that with you. And to help you do the same, if that is what you want for yourself.
I believe that this can be achieved through greater awareness. Of ourselves, our thoughts, our feelings, and our decisions. And also a greater awareness of each others, thoughts, feelings and decisions. Once made aware the next step is to accept. Acceptance of where we’ve been and how we got to where we are now. Then we can learn, heal, overcome, and giveback.
I practice daily the skills of personal development and growth and my accomplishments include:
- I completed a 20 module course on Basic Ericksonian Hypnosis as instructed by Steve G. Jones, Ed.D. clinical Hypnotherapist.
- I have spent the last 2+ years devouring anything and everything that has to do with hypnosis, subliminals, meditation, brain wave entrainment, personal development and growth, spirituality, and quantum physics.
- I spent 2 decades being a barely functioning alcoholic. Now I am a contributing member of society. I spend my time learning how to better myself and helping anyone who chooses to do the same.
- As of April, 18th 2020 I am 2 years sober. I practice meditation, hypnosis and use brain wave entrainment to constantly improve myself.
- I have spoken to individuals in rehab about how to improve their lives. I have also helped individuals who are not struggling with addiction but, are dealing with life’s issues. Such as depression, the feeling of being stuck, pain, overwhelm, loss, and those who just want to experience change and growth.
- I have started multiple businesses (some successful, others successful learning experiences).
- I went from bankruptcy and drowning in debt to now looking to purchase some land to build my family a home.
We have to help each other
I was in a bad spot for a long time. With no knowledge of a way out. Through kindness, patience and people being straight up, but honest, a**holes and calling me out (I needed it) I managed to become aware of myself enough to change. And I want that for anyone who needs it.
Through the practices that I have learned I was able to make significant changes in:
- My attitude. From depressed to beyond optimistic.
- My mindset: From “I can’t” to “I got this”
- My willingness: From “Maybe later” (procrastination) to “Let’s do this!”
- From constant overwhelm to a feeling of knowing I can handle what gets thrown my way.
I am more confident and have more belief in myself. More clarity and focus. I no longer wait for life to fix itself. I actively do things to make my life and the lives of those around me better.
So we have to do it to, for, and with each other.
Different kind of AA
This isn’t a site that will be dedicated to addiction or sobriety. I will be mentioning things about my journey but I want this to be about growth. Anyone is encouraged to share anything that will aid in anyone else becoming better.
I can help you learn effective ways to grow and upgrade your life, cultivate new ways of looking at the world around you, and build a solid foundation of practices and beliefs to create lasting change!
All the best,